Rich Goldstein is the Principal Patent Attorney at Goldstein Patent Law and has been an attorney for over 25 years. He’s the go-to person if you want your Intellectual Property protected with a patent or trademark. Rich is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), American Bar Association (ABA) Law Practice Division, New York Intellectual Property Law Association (NYIPLA), and Licensing Executives Society (LES). He is also the author of the book “The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.”
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [01:50] How to determine if you really need a patent on your product
- [03:08] Why being afraid that someone will steal your idea isn’t enough reason to patent your invention
- [5:00] Why licensing agreements require you to patent your product
- [06:06] Rich explains why getting a patent is important for competitive advantage, investor mileage, and the possibility of selling your company in the future
- [09:37] How patent infringement works
- [10:57] Rich discusses other reasons why you shouldn’t bother with getting a patent
- [13:01] Factoring in your company timeline and market size when considering a product patent
- [14:45] Personal reasons that are valid for wanting to get a patent for your ideas and/or inventions
In this episode…
Are you thinking of getting your idea or product patented? If so, what are your reasons for wanting to pursue the difficult task of getting a patent? Or better yet, do you even really need to get a patent? For Rich Goldstein, there are some things that you need to consider when you start toying with the idea of patenting your products and understanding the real motivation for it is very important before you make that next step forward.
In this episode, Rich gets interviewed in his own show by seasoned podcast host Dr. Jeremy Weisz. They talk about the many reasons why people want to get a patent such as which ones are strong enough reasons for a person or a company to get one ASAP and which ones should make you pause and reevaluate your next move. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at [email protected] to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’