Kian Golzari is the Founder and CEO of Veltra, a travel backpack company whose mission is to make your journey smarter. He is one of the world’s leading manufacturing and sourcing experts and has personally sourced over 2,500 products for global brands like Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Tesco, and Aldi. In 2012, he was awarded the Olympic Games contract to design, produce, and supply the official merchandise, and is currently designing and manufacturing best-selling products on NBA.com.
Kian is an international speaker who has won numerous international awards, including the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track Award for Top 100 UK Companies in Export Growth. He has also mentored hundreds of entrepreneurs as they design, develop, and manufacture their products.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Rich and Kian first met
- Kian’s strategies for validating ideas before manufacturing and his advice on handling minimum order quantity (MOQ) issues
- Kian talks about winning the London 2012 Olympic Games License to manufacture the official merchandise
- How Kian has been using the Canton Fair and Alibaba to source custom-made products, and his strategies for finding genuine suppliers
- How businesses can protect themselves from dishonest manufacturers
- How to find the right sourcing agent to work with
- Kian’s YouTube channel and the type of content he shares
- How to get in touch with Kian Golzari
In this episode…
One of the best decisions an entrepreneur can make before producing their product is validating the idea. To do this, you have to find a manufacturer to produce small quantities that can be used for validation purposes. Once this is done, you can start producing your product in large quantities for the mass market.
However, finding the right manufacturer isn’t always easy—especially if you have to outsource from another country. This means that you have a few things to consider: the number of employees a manufacturer has, their willingness to produce minimum order quantities for you, how many years they’ve been in business and any potential certifications they might have, and the products that make up your manufacturer’s specialty.
Kian Golzari, leading product development and sourcing expert, is Rich Goldstein’s guest in this week’s episode of Innovations and Breakthroughs, where he shares his strategies for finding and working with top manufacturers. Kian also explains how to find a sourcing agent, how to validate a product idea, and how to use Alibaba to find quality and honest manufacturers.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rich Goldstein’s book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent
- Kian Golzari
- Kian Golzari on LinkedIn
- Kian Golzari on Instagram
- Kian Golzari’s email: [email protected]
- Sourcing with Kian on YouTube
- Sourcing with Kian on Facebook
- “Growing an Instagram Audience and Building a Lifestyle Business” with Zach Benson, Founder and CEO of Assistagram
- The Canton Fair
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at [email protected] to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’