Amy Wees is the CEO of Amazing at Home Business Consulting, a company that focuses on helping brands develop unique products, validate them in the marketplace, source at profitable margins, and launch those products in e-Commerce with amazing brand messaging, copywriting, and search engine optimization. She is a successful product entrepreneur and a highly regarded business coach. She is an expert planner with 18 years of military planning experience and she holds three undergraduate and two graduate degrees.
Amy has three brands in the marketplace and more in the way. She is a brand builder, inventor, a patent holder, a teacher, a public speaker, search engine optimization (SEO) expert, and a copywriter.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Amy talks about her first invention, her journey of finding a manufacturer and taking her product to the market
- The importance of understanding your market and treating your invention as a business
- Amy shares her experience at the Canton Fair Experience and the things she learned about business and sourcing
- The importance of having a product mockup and how to request and get feedback for it
- The importance of knowing the value of your product and how much people are willing to pay for it
- Amy discusses the idea behind her Concept to Launch course and how it can help innovators and entrepreneurs
In this episode…
Being an entrepreneur can be a lonely journey and having a supportive community of fellow entrepreneurs can not only help boost your confidence, it can even help you refine your product. And this is precisely what motivated Amy Wees to create a community for her coaching clients — she wanted them to have a trusted group of experts who they can bounce ideas with and learn from.
Amy Wees has helped countless individuals jumpstart their business from conceptualization to launch and she says that having mentors and people to share ideas with can have a very powerful impact in your business and in life.
In this episode of Innovations & Breakthroughs, Rich Goldstein talks to Amy Wees about her very first invention, her coaching work and courses, why it’s important for innovators and entrepreneurs to research their product and be thoroughly acquainted with its manufacturing process, and the importance of studying a market before launching a product. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode:
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rich Goldstein’s book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent
- Amazing at Home Business Consulting
- Amy’s Ideation Concept to Launch Course
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’