Justin Chen is the Co-Founder of PickFu. PickFu’s online focus groups help sellers increase revenue by providing actionable data to inform their product and listing decisions. Using PickFu, sellers easily discover which product variants and color options consumers prefer, which photos and images grab attention, and which words and phrases enhance description copy.
Justin earned his B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from UC Berkeley and his M.S. in Engineering Management from Santa Clara University. He is a serial entrepreneur of 14 years and lives in Los Angeles with his wife and two children.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Justin validates product ideas through his service
- Deciding to start a split-testing business and why Justin and his business partner built a feedback platform
- Justin talks about growing the business and what they learned
- The common ways PickFu’s clients use the platform to validate their product ideas and how they conduct competitive testing
- How surveys and research were done in the past
- Other innovations people try to validate using the PickFu platform
- How to learn more and get in touch with Justin Chen
In this episode…
When starting new businesses, most entrepreneurs ask their family and friends for feedback on their latest idea. This kind of feedback may be biased and in some cases, the family members and friends may grow tired of continuously providing feedback.
Justin Chen and his business partner faced the same problem when they were working on a project that needed another set of eyes. Since they both had backgrounds in computer science and engineering, they decided to build their own platform to collect feedback from the public.
Justin Chen, the Co-Founder of PickFu, joins Rich Goldstein in this week’s episode of Innovations and Breakthroughs to chat about validating new product ideas and getting specific actionable feedback. Justin talks about building a feedback platform with his business partner, growing the PickFu business, and the most common ways clients use the platform.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rich’s book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent
- PickFu for for Entrepreneurs
- PickFu for e-Commerce Sellers
- Justin Chen on LinkedIn
- Justin Chen on Twitter
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at email@example.com to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent‘.