Chad McAllister is the Founder of Product Mastery Now, a company that helps organizations develop innovative products that customers love. He is also the host of the Product Mastery Now Podcast, previously called The Everyday Innovator, which is among Inc. Magazine‘s 10 best podcasts for innovators. Chad is the author of Turning Ideas into Market-Winning Products: What You Need to Know to be a Product Developer, Manager, and Innovator.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Chad McAllister’s entry into product innovation and design
- What differentiates a satisfied customer from an unsatisfied customer?
- How asking questions helps innovators and entrepreneurs create better products and build stronger relationships
- Chad’s advice on how to create a product that provides value and the importance of listening to customers
- The role intellectual property plays in product development
- What Chad discusses with guests on the Product Mastery Now Podcast
- Where to learn more and get in touch with Chad
In this episode…
You can source a new product idea from almost anywhere. Suppliers, employees, previous business partners, salespeople, you name it. But what’s the greatest source by far? Developing new product ideas from those who know it best: your customers.
When creating a new product, the first thing you need to think about as an innovator is the value the product will provide to the customer. You have to know the problem the customer has and what they need to solve it. So, how can you get into the mind of your customer and create value where they need it most?
In this episode of the Innovations and Breakthroughs Podcast, Rich Goldstein is joined by Chad McAllister, the Founder of Product Mastery Now, to talk about using innovation to create real value for customers. Chad also explains why innovation does not always have to start from scratch and discusses the difference between a satisfied customer and an unsatisfied customer. Stay tuned.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rich Goldstein’s book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent
- Product Mastery Now
- Product Mastery Now Podcast
- Chad McAllister on LinkedIn
- Turning Ideas into Market-Winning Products: What You Need to Know to be a Product Developer, Manager, and Innovator by Chad McAllister
- Ben Brenton on LinkedIn
- Snap-on Incorporated
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at email@example.com to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’